Long Distance Moving as Low as 990$
Save up to 65%! Get local movers lowest rates!
A pod or moving pod refers to a portable storage container. Consumers can rent pods for a specific amount of time and utilize them for their move. Pods are similar to the storage containers that are found in typical storage yards. Their sizes vary from 7-16 feet in height.
To get a pod, you have to call their company, choose a size, and tell them for how long you wish to rent the pod. Then they’ll deliver to your house and you’re good to go. People who are planning to move can use pods for early or late storage. What this means is that you can rent the pod ahead of time and store your things inside it at your own pace. There’s no pressure for you to speed up your packing unless of course if you’re willing to incur additional rental fees.
Once you’re ready to move and once you’re pod is good to go, you can call the company again and have them deliver the pod to your new home.
Why You Should Use Pods for Your Move
- There is no pressure to pack quickly. You can go at your own pace. If you need more time, you can just pay for extra days.
- Getting a pod is cheaper than hiring full-service movers.
- If you really need to move out but your new house isn’t ready yet, you can store your things inside a pod for temporary storage.
- You no longer have to drive a truck and lug all of your belongings. The pod company can help you with that.
Why You Should NOT Use Pods
To give you all sides of the story, here are a few reasons on why you should think twice about using pods.
- Unlike a storage unit, it’s more challenging to access your things.
- Your apartment or condominium may have regulations regarding the use of pods.
- If you park them in your street, you may need to get a parking permit.
- You may not have the time to pack your things yourself. In which case you may opt to have professional packers or full-service movers instead.
As a last note, always analyze your moving schedule and your own packing capabilities carefully before choosing to rent a pod. The success of using pods really depends on the person. It’s a case to case basis.